Monday, May 28, 2012

Mixed Media Monday- Shrink Plastic Charms



Hey Peeps!

Welcome to our first "Mixed Media Monday".  Our project this week features a technique that I learned from Tim Holtz.  I've always been a big fan of shrink plastic.  There's just so many things you can do with it!  I personally have made a lot of jewelry pieces with shrink plastic and when I saw Tim's video, I couldn't wait to try the technique.




To make the charms, first punch the shrink plastic sheets with a decorative punch (I used a scallop circle punch).  Then stamp the punched shapes using your favorite Paper Wings Productions stamps and Staz-On Ink from Tsukineko.  If you want to have a charm that hangs, you also need to punch a hole before you shrink it.  I would recommend nothing smaller than a 3/8" hole.  Remember, the hole shrinks too!  I did the shrinking and enameling in one step just like Tim does in the video.  I love the irregular quality of the shrink plastic coated in UTEE.  It really makes them look like hand formed glass.



These awesome little charms can be added to jewelry, cards, scrapbook pages, books, or just about anything else.  Feel inspired to go create these charms?  I hope  you will share your creations on our Flickr group.

Happy creating!
Carrie

4 comments:

  1. Carrie this is absolutely gorgeous, I love it! That's for including the link to the video. I'm gonna have to give this a try for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say thanks, I'm in the car so its bumpy, hehehhe

      Delete
  2. Hi I love this necklace...I too make mixed media jewelry...you can visit me on etsy https://www.etsy.com/shop/CloverMoonDesigns?ref=si_shop or follow me on my blog www.CloverMoonDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...