Tuesday, July 3, 2012

dropped the ball

Hey there peeps!

It looks like I dropped the ball here at the Aviary.  It was my turn to post yesterday and I totally forgot!  In case we have given the illusion of being a big, professional business (ha!  not likely!), then we have certainly misled you.  I mostly work from home, which means I have to kick out the hubby and two small children to get anything done.  Stamps get packaged and ready for shipping out of my very small studio, which is now so cramped with product you can barely move.  My awesome design team members work incredibly hard too, finding little bits of time here and there, mostly late at night, to help this small business out.  We are real people, folks, just like all of you out there.  Working in spare minutes instead of full work days to make our dreams come true.  I just want you to know how much we value you as blog readers, customers, friends, and support team.  YOU are what keeps us moving and motivated.

When I am dead tired and wondering what in the world I'm doing, the universe will usually throw me a bone.  This happened last night when I received a comment on Friday's blog post.

"Great tags, they're all beautiful! I recently purchased some of your stamps and I'm having so much fun playing with them. So far I've used a stamp from Melnage 3 Gypsy and Melange 1 Women. I'm a new follower and would love to show you what I did with your products :D

Norma G.
www.lilhoneybeestudios.blogspot.com"


Today I checked out Norma's blog and literally gasped when I saw her amazing art.

This post on Norma's blog, Little Honey Bee Studios, features a mixed media canvas collage featuring a stamp from our Women Melange set.  It's sooo gorgeous, I can't stop looking at it!


Then I found another amazing collage using the Melange 3 set.  Please take the time to go check out Norma's blog.  There are lots of goodies on there, scrapbooking layouts, mixed media collage, art journal pages, cards, and photography.  




Norma, you have truly made my day.  I realize that people are starting to "find" us and that you guys actually GET us.  We are artist who make products because we want to USE them!  I know that you have lots of choices with rubber stamps.  There are tons of companies and you can get them dirt cheap at the hobby stores, but you are choosing to buy OUR stamps.  Stamps made completely in the USA with the finest materials.  Made by people with families they are trying to support.  You choose to buy our stamps and that makes me proud, and understood, and so ready to go make some more stamps!

Seriously, we are currently working on our next release of new designs that will come be available in September.  Our design team members are already having to think fall, winter, and Christmas.  Actually to me that seems a lot more appealing that admitting that it's 100 degrees outside.

A couple of more things before I fly the coop, I want to let you know about some upcoming events.  Here's what paper wings productions has on the horizon, I hope we will see you at one of these events!

Saturday July 7 at Stamp Antonio.
Paper Wings Productions Monthly Workshop- Making Cards with Unique Materials:
This month in the Paper Wings Productions sponsored workshop, students will create cards and tags using materials that you might not think of for cardmaking.  This includes Sticky Back Canvas, Metal Foil Tape, and Resin Paper.  These products can be used for so much more than greeting cards too!  Come and learn some fantastic techniques that you can use in any of your mixed media projects!   Please bring a craft mat, distress inks, adhesive (such as 3 in 1), X-acto knife and cutting mat, scissors, and a bone folder if you have them.  

I am also teaching this class on Saturday at Stamp Antonio.  It features a LOT of PWP stamps!



Up-cycled Altered Book-
We continue the series of taking an existing book and creating a new artful book/album/journal.  This month we will replace the book's binding with a ring binder and the pages with a variety of decorative papers.  We will also hand dye and create our own bookcloth.  There will be non-Christmas options available.  Please bring a craft mat, distress inks, adhesive (such as 3 in 1), X-acto knife and cutting mat, scissors, and a bone folder if you have them.  



Call 210-764-7900 to register.

Saturday July 28 at Scrapbooks N' More
Paper Wings Productions Trunk Show and FREE Make & Takes!
Come by and see us at this great scrapbook store in New Braunfels!  Shop, visit, make something for FREE!  We would love to see you there!

September 21-22 CKC San Marcos
We will have a booth at the Creating Keepsakes show in San Marcos.  Visit their site for more details.


Enjoy the flight!
Carrie


1 comment:

  1. Carrie, thank you so much for featuring my artwork. The images you selected for your line are gorgeous and truly inspire me. My husband and I own a small business as well so I can really relate to the joys and pains of building a new business. I truly admire you for following your creative dreams. You have such a wonderful product and I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us. I look forward to stopping by for one of your classes in the near future. Keep doing whatcha doing girl :D

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...