Monday, December 31, 2012

Mixed Media Monday - Announcing a new kit club!


This is an exciting Mixed Media Monday!  

We are now offering a monthly Mixed Media Kit!  This month's kit is in VERY limited supply, so if you want one, you better order right away!

Our January 2013 Premiere Mixed Media Kit features great products to get you started art journaling.  Even if you're already an avid art journaler, this kit has everything you need to jump start your creativity for the new year.  
 This kit includes:
- 1 Dylusions Creative Journal (journal cover is 11 13/16" x 9")
- 1 Black Uniball Signo Pen
- 1 Mini Wing Clear Stamp Set
- 1 Cosmo Cricket Art Angel Element Deck
- 1 Cosmo Cricket Art Angel Sticker Sheet
- 1 Cosmo Cricket Art Angel Chipboard Sheet
- 1 Package of Mini Kraft Bags
- 1 Package of Kraft Tags
- 2 Prima Masks
- 6 Sheets of 12x12 Cardstock
- 1 Jar of Embossing Powder (Truffle Brown)
Regular retail price of everything is well over $60!
You can get it from us for $42.95





Here's what I did with my journal...

I decided to start on the inside of the front of the journal.  I brushed on some gesso randomly and allowed to dry.


Next I stamped the Writing stamp several times.


 Then I stamped one of the punchinella stamps all over the place.  This made the ink from the writing stamp smear because I stamped over it so many times.  That worked for me and gave me the kind of background I was looking for.  

Next, I stamped the butterfly wings from the Mini Wings Clear Stamp Set on some book pages that I had applied gesso to. After the ink was dry, I cut them out. 

 
I placed the wings behind one of the chipboard pieces from the Art Angel Chipboard set that is included in the kit.  I also took a light blue marker and went around the chipboard pieces to give some depth.

I layered on some other chipboard pieces and voila!  I have officially started my new art journal!

Enjoy the flight!
Carrie




6 comments:

  1. Wow Carrie, this kit is awesome! You did a stunning job with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous kit! I love how you added the wings to the chipboard. I now have several more PWP stamp sets on my wish list. Thanks for the inspiration and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kit looks awesome and I *love* your cover, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. **Ditto** I'm totally loving this kit, you did amazing job putting it together! Great art journaling too ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... I agree with the rest of the ladies...this is fabulous. I love the wings you added to the Art Angel and the Mixed Media Kit is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your work! As soon as I win the lottery I'll be parking myself in your studio. Keep blogging. So fun to see everything!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...