Friday, May 16, 2014

Enjoy The Little Things


***** Join our May "Anything Goes" Challenge HERE *****


Hello everyone! It's Amber here with this weeks Feature Friday Post. Today I am sharing this colorful double stamped card. I used one of the images from the Vintage Domino Melange Cling Stamp Set. If your a regular PWP follower then you know this is one of my favorite sets and I have been using it a lot lately. I can't seem to help myself, so I hope you don't mind me sharing another card. Below is a quick little tutorial on my process for double stamping.


I started by choosing an image and two different colored  ink pads that coordinated with my patterned paper. I used Versa Color's  Peony and Sage for my image.


First I stamped my image in Peony onto a white piece of cardstock. I usually like to stamp the darker color first and then add the lighter color over the top.


Then I inked up the same image in Sage and stamped it directly over the first image. You can see in the photo above that the Sage ink lightened up the Peony ink but the two colors still blended nicely together. You might want to try combining different colors and double stamping the image a few different times onto a scrap piece of paper first before trying it on your cardstock,  it can be a little tricky lining the image up.


Thanks for visiting! Don't forget we would love to see what you make with Paper Wings Productions Stamps so add your projects to our Flickr Group, to Pinterest, or leave a comment with a link to your project. You can also check out our Facebook Page and You Tube Page for daily inspiration.
Supplies: Cardstock- White, Sage, Peony / Patterned Paper- Heidi Swapp's Mixed Company Collection / Paper Wings Productions Cling Stamp Set- Vintage Domino Melange / Versa Color Ink Pads- Sage & Peony / Selky Thread- Sage / Sewing Machine 

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous as always, Amber! I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Amber!! You rock that stamp set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you blended the inks, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...