Wednesday, June 4, 2014

What's Up Wednesday


Hey Paper Wings fans!  Erica here with you today for this weeks What's Up Wednesday!


I have not used my distress inks in a long time so I thought it was a good time to break them out!  I was really inspired by the 12 tags of 2014-June by Tim Holtz.  I love his techniques and products and I am always so inspired by his work!  I used the technique he shares here on my tag.  Once my background was complete I pulled out one of the Ranger tags that came in the Paper Wings Productions March 2014 Nesting Components Kit.  I adhered my watercolor paper to the tag and then distressed the edges with my distress tool and some distress ink.  I wanted to add something fun to the tag since the colors on my background reminded me of fun so I pulled out the Hey Cupcake stamp set.  I stamped the cupcake out onto watercolor paper and colored in the wrapper and cake part of the image using my pearlescent watercolors that also came in the March 2014 Nesting Components kit.  I used distress ink to color the frosting of the cupcake by smearing the ink pad onto a clear stamp block and using my water brush to pick up the color and add to my image.  For the cake stand I stamped the image onto some vellum cardstock and then heat embossed it with some white embossing powder!  I love how it turned out and to finish off my tag I used two of the mini canvas banner pieces that came in the May 2014 Nesting Components kit.  I sprayed them with my favorite color of Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays and stamped out "Hey There Cupcake" from the Hey Cupcake stamp set.  I tied a bow at the top of my tag with the hand dyed ribbon and then added one more sentiment to my tag using the same stamp set.




Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope you enjoyed my tag!  Our June Challenge is now live and we hope you will be linking up this month!  The challenge this month is to use chipboard or wood veneer on your projects and you may enter up to 3 times!  Please remember to like us on Facebook and follow our blog to stay up to date on sales and events!  Enjoy your day and remember to let your creativity take flight.

5 comments:

  1. Stunning tag Erica! I LOVE the canvas pennants and the bright pop of pink! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana!! This tag was a lot of fun to create! Love how the background turned out!

      Delete
  2. Lovely! I'm just getting started with distress inks (I only have 2 colors!) but I'm loving them! I like that you can use them almost as watercolors! I love your tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! They are a lot of fun to play with! I love the new mini size they came out with!

      Delete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...