Wednesday, August 13, 2014

What's Up Wednesday - Scriptures card.


Hey everyone! It's Ashley and I'm super excited to be the guest designer this month. Today I'm sharing the card I made for What's Up Wednesday.


I just loved the Scriptures stamp set and I think I can use it for tons of cards.



To create the base of my card, I used a lot of mediums for dimension and color. First I painted the whole base with gesso. Then I used the Art Textures stamp set to heat emboss some white circles onto the background. I mixed gesso with Lindy's Stamp gang mist for the bright blue stamping and then I added even more gesso to the mist for a toned down blue and stamped the smaller blue circles with that.



I heat embossed another of the textures stamps with yellow. I wanted to use a few different texture stamps from the set with different techniques for visual interest.

For the square that my sentiment is stamped on, I just dipped the edges of the card in Versamark, sprinkled on some embossing powder, and heat embossed the edges. Now the yellow sentiment square doesn't stand out quite as much against the white background.


I've linked my products below. Thanks for joining me today!


4 comments:

  1. A truly delightful card Ashley! Love the color combo and the stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! I really like your use of the embossing with the texture stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Thank you for trekking us some of the things you did to create the card. There are some techniques I want to try now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Ashley!! I love the Texture Art stamps!! So fun and I love how you added them to your card!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...