Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Tutorial Tuesday- Winter Scene Card



Hey everyone, Katie here! Today is Tutorial Tuesday so I wanted to show you guys how I created the wintery scene on my card. I was actually inspired by this card I saw on pinterest, but I changed up the colors a little bit and made it my own.



I used the Holiday Tags stamp set and the Nature stamp set for this card.
I started by stamping and heat embossing the tree from the Nature stamp set onto the bottom of my watercolor paper. Then I heat embossed the stars from the Holiday Tag set up in the "sky" area of my card.


Next I got out my gelatos. I decided to make my sky a blue/yellow color like the sun is setting on a winter day.
I scribbled the colors on in a sort of ombre style and then spritzed them with water so that they blended together.


I finished my card my heat embossing my sentiment from the Holiday Tags stamp and adding white spray mists drops like snow. I also cut some shapes from white cardstock to put at the bottom of my card for snow.


Thanks for stopping by! It was pretty easy to create this dreamy winter scene, I hope I inspired you to get out your stamps!

If you get a chance, take a look around the blog at some of the other PWP designers work!

3 comments:

  1. DELIGHTFUL card Katie - LOVE IT ALL!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your tutorial too ... it looks to me like I have been applying my Gelatos too thick, I definitely need to practice more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful scene! Great technique too! Thanks for sharing it! So lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...